Have you ever visited a place where you feel calm, happy, and you like to be there? Or on the contrary, you enter a place, and you feel overwhelmed, annoyed, and you want to run away?
It is important to create a space where elements and values are present that help us connect with positive emotions.
Some keys to promote well-being and happiness in your space.
- Illuminate and ventilate your spaces. Open the windows so that the air can be renewed inside your spaces, and you can improve the quality of the air. We spend so much time inside buildings that we forget to enjoy the advantages and benefits of the outdoors, usually, we are not aware of the power of light and air in our daily lives, but being in contact with these elements, will help increase serotonin, the hormone of happiness, helping to improve mood, increasing well-being, concentration and self-esteem. On the contrary, being in dark or "gray" places makes us feel depressed and physically exhausted.
- Less is more, but without going to the extreme of minimalism. Too many details, materials, colors and elements in a space will produce chaos and disorder. It is not about living in a completely empty and soulless place, but neither in a place with excesses that produce fatigue and tiredness. The idea is to achieve a balanced and tidy place.
- Order and cleanliness. There is a relationship between the organization of our spaces and our interior, so tidying up the place you live in will help you to clarify and organize your ideas. Living in an orderly and clean space will help you feel calm, security and autonomy, which is very beneficial for you and those around you. I have always said that living in orderly places will save you time and money, increasing productivity and enjoyment.
Surround yourself with elements that calm and inspire you. Neuroarchitecture studies have shown that the human being activates the amygdala area, related to danger, when facing sharp or pointed shapes, on the contrary, being in front of curved elements or smooth lines, produces calm and tranquility. We must be attentive to each form and element that we place in our space, especially with the images... Have you ever heard: "A picture is worth a thousand words"? Check carefully what your images, art and elements that are placed in your spaces express.
- Living nature. We love being outdoors, we are happier and healthier when we spend time in nature. So… Why not incorporate nature into our spaces? For many people, taking care of plants, is tedious, if this is your case, include natural elements: wooden furniture, wicker baskets, wool blankets or any other element that makes you feel connected to nature.
- Colors. Colors directly influence and condition our mood. For example: shades close to nature (greens, blues, yellows) reduce stress, increase the feeling of comfort and affect the perception of the space as a healthy space. The way color is used influences the mood and creativity of each person.
- Create a sacred place for you. A space for everyone, where you can be alone and be yourself, where you can Design, Create and Dream your goals. A reading corner, a special chair or a special room for your imagination.
If you want advice to achieve balance in your spaces, write me a message and I will gladly help you to increase the well-being and harmony in your spaces. I am Gridliani Guzman, Architect by profession, artist by passion, my mission is to help you create spaces that generate well-being and positive emotions for you and your family through conscious design, art and creatively order.